Tuesday, February 21, 2012
And the best part was that it was free!
I recently went to the Johnson County Museum with Truck and a friend and her 2-year-old. We had a blast and could not believe it had taken us this many years to take the kids, especially because it is FREE.
They had a room set up for the kiddos to make valentines. We spent about 20 minutes in there, gluing and coloring, and I even let Truck use his beloved (and usually off-limits) scissors. He made a really cool valentine with lots of tissue paper glued on it, then I cut it in half and VOILA - a Valentine for big brother, and another one for big sis. I should have taken a picture!
They also had a doctor room (30+ minutes spent playing with babies, mostly applying lotion), a bookstore room (like a library, but no worries about putting books back on the shelf in order, so Truck was free to make as many "big piles" as he wanted), a farm slash store slash factory room, a golf room (complete with Wii for big brothers) and a train/truck room. We enjoyed all of those. They also had two rooms that we were a little young for, but that I know Noodle would adore -- a bead room where you can make bracelets to take home and a theater room with real movie theater seats and a stage (it was crowded full of little girls). Super cool museum (and did I mention FREE?)
The other half of the museum is for adults. It is a museum about suburbs. No lie. I really really need to take my San Francisco based cousin there. Not just so she can mock us either. Finally, there was an exhibit on immigration that we didn't really check out, but did appear to have a chicken coop for the kids to play in. I need to explore that further.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment