Truck had his first day of school today. It went great - much more smoothly than the first day of school for either of the other two back in the day. They looked at me funny when I said he would drink four 6 oz. bottles. Hello, he is a truck! He ended up eating only three, which was nice because #4 has to be formula. I am pumping to the max at work (three times a day, at 9:30, 12:30 and 3:30), and that results in about 18-20 oz. total. Plus he nurses in the morning first thing and then about 3 or 4 times before he goes to bed at night (6, 7:45, sometimes 8:30, and 9:15). Anyway, I am ok with him eating formula for whatever he wants beyond the first three bottles at school. He is getting plenty of breast milk!!
He didn't cry when we dropped him off, and he was smiling and looking around when Dad picked him up. I think he likes having all the new faces to look at, especially his new friends. He didn't sleep very well but he doesn't sleep very well anytime that I am not there putting him in bed (his naps for the past 2 weeks that he's been home with Dad have been sporadic).
Anyway, it was a successful first day. I am very proud of the little Truck.
2 comments:
I cannot believe how much he eats! It makes me laugh!! Glad the first day at school went well for him. I think it's always harder for mom. :)
I am glad it went well. You were so helpful to me when I went back to work! And I know what it's like having a baby who drinks/eats so much milk! I have a girl truck!
Post a Comment