Wednesday, December 14, 2011

How Could I Forget?

I forgot to mention the most awesome part about Noodle's birthday party. THE CUPCAKES. Or rather, I should say (as requested SPECIFICALLY by Miss Noodle) the purple and pink swirled, white frosted with sprinkles, RAPUNZEL CUPCAKES:
I started with 2 boxes of white cake mix. Then I added food coloring and made pink and purple cake batter:
Then I put some of each batter into an ice cream cone cup and used a skewer to "swirl" the colors together:
I baked them at 350 for about 20 minutes, and voila! This made plenty of cupcakes for my 17 guests, as well as assorted brothers, dads and moms. And each guest got her very own Rapunzel ring (I ordered these on Amazon):

2 comments:

Erica said...

Not that there was any doubt before, but after reading this post I can see exactly how you and Lindley became good friends. Amazing work!

PrairieMom said...

Yes, we are definitely two peas in a pod. When I think back to our fun as summer associates, taking the bar, as first-years, I just have to laugh. I miss you, Lindley!!