Friday, February 19, 2010

32 Weeks

This is the first of my three pregnancies where I have been quite so aware of "what week" I'm in. And as of today, I am 32 weeks! According to babycenter.com, this little guy is the size of "a large jicama" and approximately 3.5 lbs.

I went to the doctor yesterday and had gained four pounds in the last 9 days. Yowza! But since bed rest doesn't exactly afford a lot of "calorie burning", it shouldn't have surprised me. I have now gained 34 lbs. to date with this pregnancy.

For kicks, I went back through my pregnancy journals with Squash and Noodle to see how my weight gain has stacked up... with Squash, I gained a total of 57 lbs. With Noodle, 44 lbs. I basically weighed the same each month with all three of them...until we hit the 7th month! Entering month 6 with all 3 babies, I weighed about 137 lbs. (so a gain of about 20-22). Entering month 7 with Squash, I weighed 151. But with Noodle at the same time, I only weighed 139. With this baby, I weighed 141. It will be interesting to see where I end up. I don't really care, because after each of the other two, I've managed to get back to normal (although with the other two, I was 27 and 30...and now I'm 34, so who knows if that will hold true). However, this was an interesting little stroll through my records. Made me glad I kept those pregnancy journals!!

We still don't have a name for the little guy. Kicking around several, but not settling on anything. Here are our parameters - we like three syllable names that you can abbreviate to a solid one syllable nickname. We generally like "Old Testament" slash "Classic" names. Three that we love, that are out of the running due to selfish relatives whjo have already snatched them up (ha, ha) are Samuel, Alexander and Noah. Suggestions welcome!!

4 comments:

Erica said...

I like Benjamin...

PrairieMom said...

ha ha ha, so do we! that's our oldest's name :)

Erica said...

That's so funny! Great minds think alike.

Rebecca said...

How about Zachary? I love that name, but Mustafa doesn't, so any future Jamil will not get it.