Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Star

A friend brought me by a pile of trashy celebrity magazines this week, including the Star, which I had never really read before (I admit to being a subscriber to US Weekly and People, but come on - those are high-brow compared to the Star!).

As a public service to those who perhaps are not regular Star readers, here are 10 things I learned from the magazine (and yes, I put in citations because even though I am on bed rest, I am still a lawyer!):

1. Suri Cruise wears party shoes in the snow and buys red lipstick at Sephora (p.4)
2. Married life has Kevin Jonas putting on weight (p.16)
3. I have something in common with Megan Fox: very short thumbs! (p.16)
4. Jersey Shore will be filmed in South Beach next season (p.18)
5. Hayden Panettiere is back dating Lindsay Lohan's ex & "club owner" (and restaurant heir, I think) Harry Morton (p.24)
6. Kim Kardashian's favorite smoothie contains 2 scoops of Bodyfuel protein powder, 12 oz. water, half a banana, 1 TB natural peanut butter, and ice (p.28)
7. Channing Tatum performed in a "Chippendales-style revue" (perhaps the Thunder from Down Under show at Excalibur in Las Vegas??) when he was 18 (p.35)
8. Some 15-year-old "singing sensation" named Justin Bieber is apparently very popular right now and is getting a $300,000 Ferrari for his "first ride" (p.36)
9. Holly Madison was mistaken for Gwen Stefani at an L.A. Starbucks -- and she let it slide with the fan (p.36)
10. Garry Marshall wants to make a big-screen version of Laverne & Shirley starring Jennifer Garner and Jessica Biel (p.70)

Thank you, Star
!

1 comment:

Erica said...

I get my celebrity spy on with www.tmz.com... good times...