I'm 34 weeks along today! In honor of the occasion, I attempted a self-portrait.
It's been a really good week, all things considered. My awesome friends Amy, Jamie, Carolyn and Michaela brought us dinners each night, so we only had to cook for ourselves once (and by "we", I mean the hubby). Then, my equally awesome friends Tracy, Dana, Sharon, Dasha and Jamie brought me lunch (and more importantly, conversation!) every single day this week. Also, it is finally sunny and warm enough that I can open the bedroom window and get some fresh air. Plus, I had an excellent doctor visit yesterday where everything was going well and I got the "only four more weeks to go" speech.
And I've watched some excellent TV this week too. Today I watched "Radical Parenting" which I had DVR'd from Discovery Health. They featured three couples, all of whom have, um, nontraditional parenting philosophies: unschooling, attachment parenting, and gender neutral parenting. The unschooled kids seemed totally out of control to me...eating junk food all day, staying up late watching tv...and the parents just seemed kindof lazy. The attachment parenting mom, on the other hand, was like super mom with her 1.5 year old attached to her 24/7. The gender neutral parents didn't seem all that "radical" to me. The only thing they did was encourage their two sons to play with girl toys, which (hello?) you don't really even have to do if you just let your boys play with girls (either sisters or friends) in my experience. But the show was interesting food for thought; I recommend it.
1 comment:
You look great! Your belly is perfect!
Post a Comment