Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Halfway Point

Since I have what some people refer to as "some time on my hands," I've calculated this whole bed rest thing backwards and forwards. And today, I have long looked forward to as the halfway point of the whole experience: 4.5 weeks down, 4.5 weeks to go! It's all downhill from here, right?

I finished my 10th book of bed rest yesterday: Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. It was great. I give it a solid B+. Chick lit about two friends, tracing their lives from the 1970s to today. The only part of the book that I did not like was the interview with the author at the end, where she said that she wrote the first draft of the book while on bed rest with her first child. Well, heck, that makes me feel unproductive. Other than that, the book was a good read.

And today is extra celebratory because two ladies I used to work with are coming over for lunch and they are bringing Jimmy Johns! Turkey Tom, no mayo, yum yum yum.

No comments: