Monday, March 22, 2010

36.5

I have TEN DAYS of bed rest left, unless of course this baby decides to make his appearance before that. My doctor said that he wants me to stay in bed until 38 weeks (April 2) BUT in the event the baby starts to come, they won't do anything heroic to prevent it. All they would do is give me IV fluids to hydrate me (and if it's real labor, hydration really won't "stop" it). I was happy to hear this, because I DONOTDONOTDONOT want another IV; I can provide myself with fluids all on my own, thank you very much. So I am drinking as much as I can, staying in bed, and trying to keep the stress to a minimum.

Last week, I must say, flew by, because both the boys (husband and Squash) were home on spring break. It was SO NICE to have them here all week. Squash and I played Yahtzee, Scrabble and Monopoly. Noodle stayed at day care all week, although she woke up with a fever Thursday night, so she was home with us all on Friday. GOOD TIMING, NOODLE; she was fully recovered by yesterday. It was a weird illness; just a fever -- no other symptoms (other than being a super cranky 3 year old!). Everyone is back to school today.

And I have been looking forward to tomorrow all month because my SISTER is coming to visit from California!! She is on spring break and I am so excited that she was able to leave my darling nephew and her husband for a couple days to come out and keep me company. I have lots of projects for her...including painting my toes if I can persuade her!

1 comment: